Extra Yard for Teachers
The purpose of the Las Vegas Bowl’s Extra Yard for Teachers Grant Program is to provide grants for funding innovative sports and leadership projects and to elevating the teaching profession by inspiring and empowering teachers. With the growing student population, there is a need for enhanced learning opportunities. The Las Vegas Bowl Huddle will offer a solution to funding these innovative and unique learning opportunities presented by Clark County teachers.
The goal for this program is as follows:
-Provide a minimum of three $5,000 Huddle Grants to Southern Nevada schools for the school year ending 2022.
-Provide educators with funds to develop and implement projects that will enrich the education of Clark County students, emphasizing the Las Vegas Bowl Huddle’s focus area to improve physical education and promote science and the arts.
-Encourage recognition of educators through positive public relations campaigns.
-Use the project as a platform to raise awareness and showcase the Las Vegas Bowl Huddle and its mission within the community.
-Support current Scholarship Program recipients through the remainder of their term.
Grant Application Process
- The school must be an accredited Southern Nevada institution with K-12 accreditation.
- Grant funds are NOT available for items necessary for the daily operations of the school, such as the purchase of electronic technology (computers, laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, e-readers, calculators, etc.), food, field trips, to fund a larger project, to pay speakers substitute teachers, conference fees, continuing education units, or to pay teachers an hourly fee for implementing their grant.
- The grant must have a minimum of 50% of the award used to improve the physical education program, with the remaining Grant funds to be focused on the sciences or the arts.
- The proposed project must be completed by April 30, 2022.
- Grant requests may not exceed $5,000.
- Funds must be allocated or spent by February 28, 2022. The Educational Designee will be required to submit original receipts to the Las Vegas Bowl confirming grant expenses. Any unused funds must be returned to the Las Vegas Bowl (by check) no later than April 30, 2022.
- One grant submission per teacher is allowed. A teacher is not permitted to submit multiple grant proposals for different projects.
- Teachers from the same school may not submit duplicate grant proposals for the same project.
- If multiple applications are received for the same project from teachers at the same school, only the first grant received (by date of submission) will be entered for consideration.
- If the application or proposal does not meet the requirements or is incomplete, the Las Vegas Bowl reserves the right to remove the application from consideration.
- Realizing that there are several funding sources, and a grant submission could be submitted to multiple sources. When a project is awarded by a separate source (organization) first, the reviewing committee will disqualify this submission from the Las Vegas Bowl Huddle EYFT Grant funds. The overall funding will be distributed across the maximum number of schools.
- Only submissions made through the on-line form will be accepted.
Deadline to submit the grant application is November 15, 2021.